When most people think of a New Years resolution, they automatically picture weight loss and quitting smoking. While these are two of the most common resolutions out there, more and more people are beginning to take the extreme steps to creating resolutions that transform their entire body. For these people, weight loss is more than just losing one or two stones. While some of these resolutions may seem extreme, they are definitely beneficial to the people having them done.
1. Weight Loss Surgery Weight loss surgery, such as gastric bypass, is becoming increasingly common among those looking to lose a lot of weight. This surgery is for people looking to lose more than just a stone or two. Gastric bypass works by the surgeon stapling most of the stomach closed so that the patient simply cannot eat as much as they once did. This is an extreme surgery simply because of the risks involved and because of the fact that it is life-changing.
2. Breast Augmentation Another resolution popping up on lists is breast augmentation. It is a fact that most women are not happy with their breast size or the way their breasts look in general. More women are going for this surgery each year and many of these women are adding the surgery to their New Years to-do list.
3. Face Lifts Face lifts are ideal for people who want to erase fine lines and wrinkles on their face in order to look younger. This is a relatively simple surgery, but it is still an extreme New Years resolution that many people of all ages are beginning to make for themselves. Face lifts are normally done in a plastic surgery clinic as opposed to an actual hospital facility.
4. Liposuction Liposuction is a little different from other weight loss surgeries because it is somewhat of a temporary fix. The surgeon uses suctioning tubes to remove fat from the body, but it is up to the patient to maintain the results with diet and exercise. Liposuction is an extreme resolution due to its risky nature and the fact that you are under sedation while it is being done.
5. Botox Injections While this resolution is not as extreme as the others mentioned, it is still more of an extreme than quitting smoking and losing weight happens to be. More women and men are going for Botox injections in order to look younger and more beautiful. Botox injections help to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles wherever the injection has been made. A lot of people are adding this procedure to their resolution list just so that they can feel better about the way they look at the end of the year. When you think of New Years resolutions, you may not think of some of these extreme beauty modifications. The truth is that many people are faltering from traditional resolutions and going with a more extreme approach to feel better about themselves.
Written by Sonya Kelsy